If you're looking for a unique, mouth-watering dessert that is sure to impress your guests, look no further than Possum Pie.
This delightful treat, found in a recipe box from a previous cafe owner in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, has been a staple on their menu ever since. I’ve made this delicious recipe for many holiday seasons, and it's as good as the founders share. I would like to share with you how to recreate this delicious pie in the comfort of your own home.
Ingredients for Possum Pie:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-3/4 cups cold whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 to 16 pecan halves
How to Make Possum Pie:
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spoon this mixture into the graham cracker crust. Sprinkle the crust with chopped pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla extract, and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let this mixture stand for another 2 minutes or until it reaches a soft set. Spoon this mixture over the pecans in the crust.
- Refrigerate your pie for at least 4 hours. Finally, top it with whipped cream and pecan halves before serving.
Notes on Possum Pie: Like all good things in life, this pie is best when shared. So, whether you're hosting a dinner party, attending a potluck, or simply want to surprise your family with a delectable dessert